19 February 2014

Winning - what is it to me?

http://conclave.intoday.in/
Is it money
Is it things
Is it people
Is it bling?
A sense of satisfaction
A sense of achievement
Of having used one's potential
Of having purpose
Is winning one of these? Or a bundle of all of these, rolled up nice and tight?

Is it your child growing up healthy, happy and complete vs the hapless child at daily risk of abuse, whose parents think it vital to add up to their assets at the risk of their innocent ward's safety?

Is it giving up a little of one,s own extra or is it grabbing hold of everything one can and never know when it's enough?

Is it making one's life an oasis of contentment or is it spreading one's bliss all around?

Is it fulfilling every whim and fancy or is it charting out clear goals and getting to them one by one?

Is it all of these? Or a happy mix of all the above?

                         Winning to me is simply living each day in a manner such that when I grow old and totter about my home, (doing what I can with what energy I then have) I am at peace with how I have lived. Filled with satisfaction that I have lived every new experience I had, faced every challenge, cherished every dear relationship, nurtured every worthy friendship.
In life's last minutes I'm not scared. I am sure that my offspring will be able to traverse life's path easily and with balance and hold me in their hearts when I am gone, as a mother that thought of them before every single breath I took.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like winning to me too! ♥

Shilpa Garg said...

Agree with you completely, Sunila! Somebody said it so beautifully about living each day to the fullest... Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of always focusing on how far you have to go. :)

Padma Hari said...

This post reminds me of a quote that i love and the essence of which is,
"At the end of life, what matters most is
not what you have bought, but what you have built,
not what you have got, but what you have shared,
not your competence, but your character,
not your success, but your significance.
So, live a life that matters, live a life of love."

Newark Painters said...

Great post thanks for sharing it